- We have a 2 year old
- a small dog
- a cat
- a home office (loud noise had to be considered)
Shop PetCareRx today for all of your bird's needs.
We decided that a jardine parrot was the way to go. He started out to be a family bird but has taken a liking to me & now he's MY bird. Maybe because it's me that wakes up at 5:30 every morning to feed him, change his water & clean his cage. If anyone tries to touch him or pick him up without warning, he will bite! But if you call his name and ask him if he wants to step up, he usually will. I guess that's the "Jarditude" in him.
I've read that these species of bird have attitudes that will usually calm down by the time they are 4 yrs old. Well, I've got some time since he is only 10 mo. old and just started to get his colors on his head wings & legs. Though he's still young, this bird already has a variety of vocabularies & a collection of sounds. Below is a list.
- "step up"
- "step up, Steevy"
- "i live you" (a little blury but he's workin' on it)
- laughs
- screams
- squaks like a duck
- whistles
Now for the reasons why he's such a cool bird!
- when he sees me in the morning, he immediately says, "step up" or "step up, steevy"
- when I prepare his meals, he slides down his cage, goes on the floor & pokes my foot with his little bird beak so that I will pick him up.
- he chases the dog
- he'll walk around the cat
- when I walk away, he screams
- and the best part of all, sometimes, he wants so much to be with me that he will slide down his cage to the floor, walk through the hall way, and climb up the steps to my office upstairs.
These are just a few things why I love my bird. I'm sure that there will be many more reason to come. Check back again soon for Steevy bird update!
Use Coupon Code: CCP1 & save 10% on all pet supplies
No comments:
Post a Comment